Asian Noodle Soup RecipeMar 29, 2023
Are you feeling a little under the weather from all the pollen in the air? Increase your intake of spring onions with this delicious and nourishing Asian Noodle Soup recipe!
In Chinese Medicine spring onions possess all the following benefits:
- Strengthen the lungs
- Boost our immune systems
- Clear the sinuses
- Nourish the Liver and Gallbladder systems
- Contains antiviral and antibacterial properties
- Improves digestion
- Contain allyl sulphide, which help prevent colon cancer
- And SO MUCH MORE!
This is my go-to recipe for consuming larger quantities of spring onions as well as many other healing foods such as ginger, bamboo, mushrooms, etc. I make a big pot of this and eat it for a few days!
- 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped (5 cloves yield ~2 1/2 Tbsp or 18 g)
- 1 3-inch piece ginger (peeled and diced)
- 1 medium yellow onion (sliced)
- 6 cups of water vegetable stock (I like to make my own so I can control the salt content) 3 cups of crimini mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 cups of boy choy (chopped)
- 1 tsp sesame oil (for flavor plus more to taste)
- 1 14 oz can of sliced bamboo shoots
- A 2 inch piece of dried kombu (sliced)
- 8 ounces of noodles of your choice like mung bean, vermicelli, or brown rice ramen noodles (I like the lotus foods brand)
- Garlic, turmeric, onion, and ginger powder to taste.
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onions
- Sesame seeds
- Dried wakame
1. Heat a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Once hot, add garlic, ginger, and onion. Sauté, stirring occasionally for 5-8 minutes or until the onion have browned.
3. Add the mushrooms and sauté until browned - about 5 minutes.
4. Add the bamboo shoots, bok choy, and kombu and sauté for another 2 minutes.
5. Deglaze the bottom of the pan with a little of the water or vegetable stock and scrape up any bits that may have stuck to the bottom.
6. Add remaining broth and stir.
7. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer on low for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
8. Taste broth and adjust seasonings as needed.
9. Follow the package instructions to cook the noodles then divide equally amongst four bowls. 10. Pour the broth over the noodles, top with preferred toppings and lots of spring onions, and serve!
SIGN UP FOR MY FREE
HOLISTIC WISDOM WEEKLY NEWSLETTER!
ALIGN YOUR LIFE IN JUST 5 MINUTES A WEEK WITH CHINESE MEDICINE.
Enter your email address to sign up for The Holistic Wisdom Weekly Newsletter, and every Sunday morning you'll receive one healing seasonal food, one reflective journal prompt, and one transformative mindfulness practice that will support you in cultivating true balance in all areas of your life and health throughout the week.
I won't send spam, unsubscribe at any time!