Immune Support Pear Tea RecipeSep 13, 2023
This pear tea will soothe sore and hoarse throats, relieve coughs, quench thirst, dissolve mucus, and promote overall skin health. It's also an effective remedy for seasonal allergies like itchy eyes, sinus congestion, and fatigue.
In Chinese Medicine these symptoms are related to the Metal system which encompasses the function of your lungs. This system is responsible for the integrity of our immune system and when we suffer from any of the above symptoms it is a sign that this system has been impacted and needs to be supported.
Check out the recipe below!
- 1-3 pears (depending on size). Any variety of pear is fine but asian pears are my favorite.
- 4 jujubes
- 2 star anise
- Optional ginger and/or tangerine or orange if you have a lot of clear to light white phlegm
- Enough water to cover
1. Peel and cut up the pears.
2. Add the additional ingredients and cover with water
3. Bring to a boil, cover, then simmer for about 15 minutes
4. If you have a lot of clear to light white phlegm, add ginger slices and tangerine or orange while simmering, but if you have a dry cough or dry throat, omit the ginger and citrus.
5. Drink and feel free to enjoy the pears as well!
SIGN UP FOR MY FREE
HOLISTIC WISDOM WEEKLY NEWSLETTER!
ALIGN YOUR LIFE IN JUST 5 MINUTES A WEEK WITH CHINESE MEDICINE.
Enter your email address to sign up for The Holistic Wisdom Weekly Newsletter, and every Sunday morning you'll receive one healing seasonal food, one reflective journal prompt, and one transformative mindfulness practice that will support you in cultivating true balance in all areas of your life and health throughout the week.
I won't send spam, unsubscribe at any time!