Healing Orange Peel Tea RecipeMar 25, 2023
Oranges are the perfect Springtime food! They are a key ingredient in many powerful and effective Chinese Herbal Remedies and a staple in any well balanced diet.
The benefits of oranges include:
- Increased circulation
- Reduced inflammation
- Improved digestion
- Resolves congestion
- Soothes sore throats
- Clear phlegm and mucus accumulation
- Relieve nausea and vomiting
All too often we toss the orange peels in the trash because we’re not familiar with their AMAZING healing properties.
Here are a few benefits that are associated with the skin:
- Maintain healthy blood pressure and cholesterol
- Prevent histamine reactions
- Slow the growth of cancer cells
- Increase metabolism
- Rich in Vitamin C and A
So next time you go to throw your peels away make the following tea instead!
- 2 cups of filtered water
- Orange peel from 1 large orange
- 2-3 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1-2 teaspoons of raw honey
- Thoroughly scrub the whole orange under running water then slice in half and juice your orange. Be sure to save the peel!
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
- Add the orange peel, cardamom pods, and cinnamon stick.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes
- Remove from heat, cover with a lid and let the tea steep for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the fresh orange juice and honey, stir and enjoy hot or cold.
- It will keep in the fridge for up to three days in a glass container.
SIGN UP FOR MY FREE
HOLISTIC WISDOM WEEKLY NEWSLETTER!
ALIGN YOUR LIFE IN JUST 5 MINUTES A WEEK WITH CHINESE MEDICINE.
Enter your email address to sign up for The Holistic Wisdom Weekly Newsletter, and every Sunday morning you'll receive one healing seasonal food, one reflective journal prompt, and one transformative mindfulness practice that will support you in cultivating true balance in all areas of your life and health throughout the week.
I won't send spam, unsubscribe at any time!